STATEMENT OF FAITH
CHAVURAH MESSIANIC ISRAEL ASSEMBLY
8590 Colonial Manor
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that the following Statement of Faith accurately represents the teaching of the Bible, and therefore is binding on all members.
This Assembly shall always maintain a strong stand against ecumenism, ecumenical evangelism, neo-evangelism, neo-orthodoxy, liberalism, the World Council and National Council of Churches, humanism, the New Age movement, cults, heretical Christianity, British Israelism, Anti-Semitism, and any such movements which may arise in the future.
Concerning YAHWEH, we believe:
1. He is personal. (Romans 8:15).
2. He manifest Himself as the Father YAHWEH, the Son YAHSHUA the
Messiah, and by the power of His RUACH HAKODESH/HOLY SPIRIT.
3. He is one ELOHIM, that is, a unity of essence. (Deuteronomy 4:35, 6:4).
4. He is Spirit. (John 4:24).
5. He is light. (I John 1:5, I John 4:8), holy (Isaiah 6:3), eternal (Psalm 90:2),
immutable (Malachi 3:6), infinite (Acts 17:28), omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-12),
omniscient (Psalm 147:5), omnipotent (Revelation 19:6), sovereign (Daniel
4:25), faithful (I John 1:9), truthful (Romans 3:4), merciful (Psalm 13:5), just
righteous (Psalm 7:9) and gracious (Ephesians 1:6-7).
He is the Creator (Genesis 1 and 2) and Sustainer of all things. (Colossians1:17).
Concerning YAHSHUA, the Messiah, we believe in His:
1. Deity. (John 1:1, 5:17-18, 8:58, 20:28, Isaiah 9:6, Hebrews 1:8-9, Philippians
2. Humanity. (I Timothy 2:5).
3. Virgin Birth. (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:16-25, Luke 1:26-38).
4. Sinlessness. (Hebrews 4:15).
5. Righteous life. (Romans 5:18).
6. Death for our sins. (Romans 5:8-9, I Corinthians 15:3-4).
7. Bodily resurrection. (John 2:18-22, Luke 24:36-43).
8. Ascension into heaven. (Luke 24:50-51).
9. Visible, physical return to Earth. (John 14:1-3, Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11-
10. Being the only Savior for mankind. (Acts 4:12, Hosea 13:4, Titus 2:13, Jude
11. Being the Living Torah in the flesh. (John 1:1-4, John 1:14).
Concerning the Bible, we believe:
1. It properly consists of 66 books.
(39 Tanakh/Old Testament and 27 B’rit Chadashah/New Testament).
2. In its verbal and plenary inspiration. (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:19-21).
3. It is infallible and inerrant in all matters of which it speaks, when the correct
name of YAHWEH and YAHSHUA are properly used. (Titus 1:2, John
4. It has been providentially preserved for us today. (Psalm 12:6-7, Matthew
5. It is actively involved in the impartation of eternal life. (John 6:63, Hebrews
4:12, I Peter 1:23).
6. Any version of the Tanakh/Old Testament used in the pulpit and in all the
teaching must originate from the Masoretic text, Dead Sea Scrolls or the
The B’rit Chadashah/New Testament must originate from the Byzantine or a
or law. “Torah” actually means “YAHWEH’S teaching and instructions”
(Thayer’s Hebrew/Greek Lexicon).
Concerning the salvation of man from sin, we believe:
1. It is not by any good work or works which man can do. (Ephesians 2:8-10,
2. It is a gift. (Romans 6:23).
3. That provision has been made for all to be saved. (John 3:16).
4. It is received by repentance, faith and trust in the redemptive work of
YAHSHUA. (John 3:16, I John 1:9, John 1:12).
5. Our salvation is provided by the death, burial, and resurrection of YAHSHUA,
he Messiah. (I Corinthians 15:1-4).
6. It has three aspects: past - from the penalty of sin (II Timothy 1:9), present -
from the power of sin (Philippians 2:12), and future - from the presence of sin.
(I Corinthians 3:15, I Peter 1:5).
7. That one who truly receives, trusts and follows YAHSHUA the Messiah as
Savior has salvation. (John 5:24, Romans 8:28-39, Ephesians 1:13, 4:30).
8. It is offered through the power of the RUACH HAKODESH and the Word of
(Titus 3:5, James 1:18, John 16:8).
9. It is freely offered to all, and all are held accountable to receive it. (Acts
17:39, I Timothy 2:1-4, II Peter 3:9).
10. It rests upon the shed blood of YAHSHUA the Messiah, which satisfied the
righteous requirements of His Father, YAHWEH (Romans 3:25) in redeeming
mankind from sin (I Peter 1:18-19, Colossians 1:14) and provides the basis
for our justification (Romans 5:9) and sanctification (Hebrews 13:12).
V. RUACH HAKODESH
Concerning the RUACH HAKODESH, we believe:
1. The power of the RUACH HAKODESH of YAHWEH instructs us (Acts 5:3,
13:2-4), convicts the lost of sin, righteousness and judgment (John 16:8),
indwells every believer the moment one is saved (John 14:17, Romans
8:9,11), empowers and equips the believer to have victory over sin and live
a righteous life. (Romans 8:11- 13,12:3-4, Ephesians 5:18-21).
Concerning the Assembly, we believe:
1. The “local” Assembly is a clearly defined institution ordained by YAHWEH
for the fulfillment of the Great Commission. (Matthew 16:18, 18:15-17, 28:18-
20, Acts 2:47, I Timothy 3:15, Revelation 2 and 3).
2. The Assembly is to be self-governing and autonomous. (Matthew 18:15-17,
Acts 15:22, I Corinthians 16:3).
properly done by simple immersion and witnessed by at least one person after
a profession of faith in YAHSHUA as personal Savior. (Acts 10:47-48).
4. The Assembly is authorized to observe the ordinance of communion, which is
properly observed with bread and wine/grape juice as a memorial of
MESSIAH’S death for our sin. It will be done on the Sabbath following the
announcement in conjunction with a fellowship meal. It is to be taken only by
believers who are in fellowship with YAHSHUA. (I Corinthians 11:17-34).
described in following sections of the constitution.
which we observe as the day to assemble for worship. (Leviticus 23:3).
Concerning angels, we believe:
1. They are spirit beings created by YAHWEH. (Colossians 1:16, Revelation
2. Lucifer, originally created sinless (Ezekiel 28:12-19), chose to rebel against
YAHWEH and fell from his first estate (Isaiah 14:12-15), and is now called
Satan in the Bible (Revelation 12:9).
3. That one third of the angels chose to follow Satan and also fell. (Revelation
4. These fallen angels are the enemies of YAHWEH and all believers.
5. These fallen angels are not greater in might than YAHWEH, and are not to be
feared by believers. (I John 4:3-4, James 4:7, Matthew 10:28, Ephesians 6:10-
6. These fallen angels shall be cast into the lake of fire for all eternity. (Matthew
7. That the angels in heaven are called holy angels, and serve YAHWEH in
various ways. (Matthew 25:31, I Timothy 5:21, Hebrews 1:14).
Concerning man, we believe:
1. He was created by YAHWEH. (Genesis 1 and 2).
2. He was created in the image of ELOHIM in a sinless state. (Genesis 1:26-27,
3. He fell into a lost state by a willful act of sin. (Genesis 3:1-6, Romans 5:12-
4. All men are born with a sin nature and are under the penalty of death for their
personal acts of sin. (Romans 3:23, 6:23).
5. One can be saved only by faith in YAHSHUA the Messiah. (John 3:36).
6. Man is composed of a body, soul and spirit. (I Thessalonians 5:23).
7. All men continue to exist beyond the time of their physical death; those who
have been born again in a state of eternal, conscious joy (Philippians 1:23,
II Corinthians 5:2-8, John 5:28-29), and those who are lost in a state of eternal
conscious torment. (Revelation 20:11-15, Daniel 12:2, Luke 16:19-31).
IX. FUTURE EVENTS
Concerning future events, we believe:
1. In a seven year period of time of judgment on the Earth known as Daniel’s
Seventieth week. (Daniel 9:24-27, Revelation 4 through 19).
15:50-53, Revelation 4:1,2,4; II Thessalonians 2:12, Psalm 47, Isaiah 57:1-2,
Isaiah 26:19-21, Micah 7:1-2, Daniel 12:1-2, Zephaniah 1:7-8, 2:1-2).
Kingdom on Earth at the end of Daniel’s seventieth week. (Revelation 19:11-
16, John 14:3, Acts 1:1, Zechariah 14:4).
4. In the Millennial reign of YAHSHUA with the Kahal/Ecclesia over the Earth.
5. In the resurrection of all mankind; of the saints to everlasting life, and of the
lost to everlasting torment in the lake of fire. (John 5:28-29, Revelation 20:11-
Concerning human government, we believe:
1. That it is divinely instituted by YAHWEH. (Romans 13:1).
2. That it is to be obeyed by the citizenry in all matters except where it would
clearly cause one to sin in so doing. (Romans 13:2-5, Acts 5:29).
Concerning the nation of Israel, we believe:
1. That we are in a special covenant relationship with YAHWEH. (Genesis 17:7).
2. That YAHWEH will literally fulfill all promises to Israel. (Romans 11:25-27).
3. Israel was and will be the wife of YAHWEH. (Jeremiah 31:31-34).
4. YAHWEH will bless those that bless Israel. (Genesis 12:3).
Concerning creation, we believe:
1. That all things were created by YAHWEH. (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-3).
2. That all things created by YAHWEH were good. (Genesis 1:31).
3. That creation occurred in six literal (24 hour) days, apart from any
evolutionary processes. (Genesis 1).
us to do likewise. (Genesis 2:2, Isaiah 58:13-14).
man’s fall (Romans 5:12).
man. (Genesis 3:14-19, Romans 8:20-22).
Concerning separation, we believe:
1. That one of Satan’s tactics is to manifest himself as an angel of light.
(II Corinthians 11:14).
titles of God and Christ. (Matthew 7:21-23, 24:4-5, II Corinthians 11:3-4).
doctrine or not. (I John 4:1, II John 7-11).
any leader, movement or teaching found to be heretical. (Titus 3:10, Romans
16:17-18, II Thessalonians 2:15).
5. That faithful believers are further admonished to separate themselves from any
religious involvement with believers who compromise by failure to separate.
6. That believers are not to be unequally yoked to unbelievers. (II Corinthians
7. That in cases of unrepentant sin, faithful believers must separate from the one
whom refuses to be restored. (I Corinthians 5:1-13, Galatians 6:1).
Concerning morality, we believe that the Bible clearly establishes standards of
right and wrong conduct, including:
1.That there should be no sexual activity outside of marriage between one man
and one woman. Any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, beastiality, incest,
adultery or other types of fornication is a sinful perversion of YAHWEH’S gift
(Genesis 2:24, 19:5-13, 26:8-9, Leviticus 18:1-20, Romans 1:26-29, I
Corinthians 5:1, 6:9, I Thessalonians 4:1-8, Hebrews 13:4).
2. That human life begins at conception, and therefore abortion is murder. (Job
3:16, Psalm 51:5, 139:14-16, Isaiah 44:24, 49:1&5, Jeremiah 1:5, 20:15-18,
3. That YAHWEH intends marriage to last a lifetime, between a man and a
woman. (Matthew 19:3-12, Romans 7:1-3, I Timothy 3:2&12, Titus 1:9).
4. The qualifications of the Pastors and Deacons must meet the requirements of
the following reference: I Timothy 3:1-13.
XV. LAWSUITS BETWEEN BELIEVERS
Concerning lawsuits between believers, we believe:
1. That the assembly possesses all the resources necessary to resolve differences
between believers. (Matthew 18).
2. That the Bible expressly prohibits believers in YAHSHUA from bringing civil
lawsuits against other believers or the Assembly. (I Corinthians 6:1-8).
3. That a believer in YAHSHUA may, however, seek compensation for injuries
from another believers insurance company, as long as it is done without
malice, misrepresentation or slander. (Ephesians 4:31-32).
Concerning giving, we believe:
1. All proper forms of biblical giving are accepted, when done for the glory of
2. That once a gift is given, the giver relinquishes all rights to it. It may not be
XVII. INTERPRETATION OF SCRIPTURE
Concerning the interpretation of Scripture, we believe:
1. In the literal, grammatical, historical hermeneutic of interpretation.
2. That true literal interpretation recognizes valid Hebraic figures of speech.
3. That YAHWEH deals with man through His divinely given instructions known
as the Torah, by the power of His RUACH HAKODESH.
4. We reject Amillennialism, Post-millennialism, Hyperdispensationalism,
DominionTheology, and other like systems
That all miracles described in the Bible are true, literal, actual historical events that
occurred exactly as described.